iPhone or Android? That is the question!
The chances are – you’re either Team iPhone or Team Android. Although they have different operating systems, there's very little one can do that the other cannot but still if you’re a fan of one, you’re highly unlikely to be a fan of the other as well.
5 reasons why the iPhone is better
- Apple makes a wide variety of tech products, and if you already own a Mac, iPad or Apple Watch, getting an iPhone makes sense.
- Apple has designed a multitude of continuity features that allow you to carry over work and data from one of its devices to another, and this can save you a lot of time.
- You can even complete purchases on your Mac by using biometric authentication features on your iPhone via Apple Pay.
- The third-party apps are widely considered to be better. You may even find that apps from established companies are a bit smoother and cleaner on iOS than Android.
- There is a bigger selection of accessories. The selection and availability of iPhone cases, screen protectors, car mounts and other goodies is far greater than you'll find for any other phone.
5 reasons why Android is better
- The vast majority of the world's smartphones run Android, and because so many companies build Android handsets, they're available at every price range. The same cannot be said for iPhones.
- Though both iOS and Android have evolved over the years, Android has always had a reputation for being the platform for users who like to personalise their devices.
- Although expandable storage is somewhat less popular these days, many Android phones still offer it. This allows you to use a microSD card to keep media that won't fit on your device's internal memory.
- Android phones largely rely on USB-C ports for charging and data transfer these days, which is very convenient if you're one of those people who likes to carry only one cable. USB-C is also on many PCs these days, as well as on the Nintendo Switch.
- Innovative features usually land on Android phones first. Android partners tend to beat Apple to the market with innovations in the mobile space.
Recommended Reading on this theme brought to you by Finerton:
Blog carried: 21/02/2019
Authored by the Finerton.com News Team (Malta)
Images Sourced from Unsplash.com & Pixabay.com